MODULE 6 - HYDRATION
What You'll Learn:
- Important role of water in the body.
- How to stay hydrated.
- Why you should avoid specific beverages.
Water is the most abundant substance in your body.
We are made up of water 55 to 60% of our total body mass is water.
Water helps you detox - the body needs water to rid itself of waste and toxins.
The lymphatic system is responsible for the body’s detox process and without proper hydration lymph fluid becomes thick and slow moving.
Think of old oil in your car engine. When it's dirty and sludge like, the dirty oil will start to break down the components of the engine causing problems for your car. It’s same thing with your body. Lymph fluid is like the oil for your car’s engine.
Lymph has several different jobs and is the ultimate transporter and regulator for the body. Clean, toxin free and easy moving lymph is key for healthy and optimal waste removal in the body.
It's responsible for transporting white blood cells to and from the lymph nodes into the bones, without this process you would have brittle bones. It also absorbs and transports fatty acids from the digestive system.
Dry brushing is an excellent technique that you can do at home to help move lymph through the body.
Using a soft-bristled brush gently stroke the brush over your skin moving lymph towards your heart. Start at the fingers and brush up towards your heart using several strokes over the entire arm.
Use the same technique for the legs. Starting at the feet and moving up towards the heart using several strokes to cover the entire leg.
Staying hydrated is crucial for all systems in the body but is especially critical in keeping the proper viscosity of lymph fluid moving throughout the body.
Water helps cells communicate with each other and smoothes the pathway for electrical charges across cellular synapses.
This is why, If you experience dehydration, you can feel dizzy and confused..
Water regulates body temperature and protects tissues.
Water nourishes and fortifies synovial fluid which is the cushion between your joints.
This fluid provides cushion and absorbs shock from impact such as jumping, running or falling.
Water regulates our body temperature and prevents dehydration. Drink more water than you typically would on hot days and with increased activity or sports.
3 Ways to Get and Stay Hydrated
Drinking Enough Water Is Important!
3 Tips to stay hydrated.
- Use a pinch of sea salt in a glass of water.
- Sodium chloride
- Trace minerals
Using a pinch of salt in water helps the body absorb the water quickly and helps the cells will get and stay hydrated.
- Use a squeeze of lemon in your water.
- Lemon adds enzymes
- in addition to the added sea salt this makes the best homemade Gatorade or sports drink.
- Beverages to avoid
- Energy drinks such as Monster and Redbull
These drinks are diuretics and caused the cells to dehydrate or lose water throughout the day. these drinks are also major cause of dehydration. Chronic dehydration can lead to a myriad of health problems such as:
Severe, acute dehydration - This requires a trip to the emergency room as it is life threatening.
Signs of acute dehydration include:
- Inability to think or confusion
- Blurred vision
- Rapid heart rate
- Drink a full glass of water upon waking.
- Before food and other beverages including coffee.
- Plane or with a pinch of salt and lemon
- wakes up the digestive system
- hydrates your cells and brain.
Remember, during the night as you sleep your body has not had any water for approximately 8 hours, it's very important to drink water upon waking to avoid dehydration.
- A steady intake of water throughout the day.
- Cells can only absorb so much water at one time
- If you drink a large bottle of water all at one time, it will simply flow through and exit the body in your urine causing the cells to miss their opportunity for hydration.
- Small sips throughout the day will keep you properly hydrated as the cells can absorb the water at a steady rate.
What can you do today to immediately improve hydration?
The biggest and easiest change you can make today is to drink lemon and salt water first thing in the morning.
You may notice an immediate change in internal inflammation and chronic issues subsiding.
Dehydration is often times at the root of many autoimmune and pain issues.
Increasing water is the very first step toward improvement.
ACTION STEPS -
- Water 1st thing in the morning.
- Use a 32oz reuseable water bottle.
- Add salt and lemon.
Tomorrow you’ll learn about next steps and how easy and affordable it is to become a PMI Health Coach.
Get VIP seating to the Free Info Session on How To Become a Health Coach, click below and reserve your seat. Save the Date! September 9th, 2018 5pm EST/4pm CST